The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified, experienced, innovative, result oriented and self-driven individuals who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the following position under the Regional Economic Integration Support Programme tenable at SADC Secretariat Headquarters in Gaborone.
Position: Assistant Finance Officer - Regional Economic Integration Support Programme (REIS)
Main purpose of the job: The purpose of this position is to be responsible for day to day financial management processes in the REIS Programme.
Key result areas:
- To timely post and process all accounting data with the objective of facilitating timely production of financial reports for the Programme;
- To endorse purchase requisitions with the objective of facilitating budgetary control;
- To conduct bank reconciliations for imprest bank accounts in the Programme with the objective of ensuring safety of cash resources;
- To compile expenditure justification reports for all imprest bank accounts in the Directorate and complete reimbursement application forms with the objective of ensuring availability of cash in the Programme;
- To compile monthly cash flow forecasts for the Programme with the objective of ensuring availability of cash;
- To conduct creditors reconciliations for creditors and process payment documentation in the Programme with the objective of ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of supply;
- To obtain quotations for exchange rates from banks with the objective of minimizing cost of foreign currency transaction costs;
- To compile balance sheet schedules and analysis for the Programme with the objective of facilitating financial control;
- To maintain accounting records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds, that are at all times accurate, substantiated, up to date, sufficiently detailed and prepared in accordance with financial regulations, guidelines and checklists for random spot checks;
- To compile expenditure estimates for specific activities with the objective of facilitating activity implementation;
- To provide financial management services, e.g. disbursements and purchasing, to meetings of the Programme with the objective of facilitating meetings;
- To supervise and review performance of accounting and finance personnel of projects based in the Programme with the objective enhancing efficiency and effectiveness;
- To up-date fixed asset registers of assets based in the Programme and projects based in the Programme with the objective of securing assets.
Advanced stage of a Professional Accounting qualification with an internationally recognised accounting body such as ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS, ACPA or equivalent.
Minimum of five (5) years’ general experience with two (2) years’ experience in a similar position. Experience in donor funded programmes will be an added advantage.
- Experience in usage of Accounting software packages (Accpac, Sun Systems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Fluency in English required, additional fluency in French and Portuguese desirable
Duration of the Contract: up to 31st August 2017
Remuneration: US $31, 134 per annum
Closing Date: Interested applicants should send their CV’s, SADC Application Form certified copies of educational, professional certificates and references not later than 04th July 2016 to:
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director HR & Admin
P/ Bag 0095
Gaborone, BOTSWANA or [email protected]