The SADC Secretariat invites suitably qualified and experienced applicants who are citizens of Botswana to apply for the position of Accounts Assistant under the Hub and Spokes Programme.
Overall Purpose of the job: Provide administrative support to the Project Coordination Office established in the SADC Directorate of Infrastructure and Services.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall secretarial support to the Project Coordination Office;
- Perform financial assistant’s functions including but not limited to initiation of transactions, financial data capturing, maintaining financial records, preparing bank reconciliations, etc.
- Organizing logistical arrangements for project meetings, workshops and other events;
- Servicing meetings;
- Procure office supplies, travel and courier services;
- Organize and maintain an adequate project filing system;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of project assets;
- Ensure the smooth running of the Project Office;
- Diploma in accounting / business administration;
- Professional qualification in finance at intermediate level (ACCA, CIMA or CIS);
Experience:Minimum of three (3) years verifiable work experience in finance assistant functions;
Other Skills Requirements:
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Valid drivers license
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Professional secretariat training will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Portuguese will be an added advantage
Duration of the Contract: Valid up to 31st December 2016
Remuneration: Attractive package will be offered on the basis of qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Interested applicants should send their CV’s, SADC Application Form, certified copies of educational, professional certificate and references not later than July 12, 2016 to:
The Executive Secretary
ATTENTION: Director HR & Admin
P/ Bag 0095
- We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.